I turned plus one on the 11th of March and I must say,I had an amazing birthday celebration! The calls,text messages,WhatsApp,Facebook and Instagram updates were heart warming. Fam,I was moved to tears because of the tremendous love I received. Overwhelmed is the word that comes to mind when I think of my birthday celebration in 2020.
On the verge of quitting my blog,I was prepared to take another low key break before my birthday but the messages I received about how I’ve inspired some people through this blog is one of the reasons I’m still here. Its amazing how God knows exactly what to do to cheer you up in the down times.
The new age has come with a lot of courage,confidence,self awareness and direction like never before. It has also opened my eyes to a lot of things I’ve been overlooking,things I should do and of course will share very soon so we can all learn and grow together.
So,your birthday celebration is coming up in 2020 and you want it to be amazing and remarkable? Yaaay!💃💃
Follow me in this post and lets get started! Naija style means it’s something you can apply in the Nigerian environment in order to have fun on your big day.
So,how does one plan a remarkable birthday celebration in 2020?
1. What do you want? How do you want your birthday celebration to look like in 2020? Do you want to do a photo shoot or a birthday dinner or a night out with your friends? What kind of theme do you want for your shoot? You have to ask yourself these questions because it would help you plan ahead of time. Planning ahead makes your birthday celebration a remarkable one!
2. Have a shopping list and a budget– After asking yourself what you’d like to do on your birthday,make a list and set a budget. This serves as a guide to ensure that you don’t make mistakes or go overboard when shopping for your birthday. You want to make sure you splurge but not in a way that you go broke after your birthday celebration.
3. Tell people about your birthday -I used to think telling people about your birthday isn’t really nice. Like it makes you look like you are begging them for gifts or things(lol,silly me) but that’s not true. It makes them aware of your big day and plan ahead especially if they would like to gift you something or prepare a birthday epistle for you lol. You could upload it weeks or days ahead of time on your social media pages so people can be aware.
4. Set realistic expectations – Birthday epistles or updates aren’t reward for good behavior and because you uploaded an epistle for a friend doesn’t mean the person would do the same for you. It doesn’t always work that way. So,don’t let another’s action or inaction ruin your day. A remarkable birthday celebration starts with freeing your mind from expectations and letting things flow.
You must also remember that people show love in different ways,learn to accept how people choose to celebrate you. Some may choose to call you to wish you happy birthday without writing an epistle on their social media platforms,others may choose to text,others may choose to update their Facebook or Instagram accounts with an epistle for you. Either way,don’t be upset or disappointed by whichever way or manner they choose to celebrate you.
5. Start the new age with prayer – I’m not trying to sound too religious or spiritual but yes, prayer is very important. Giving thanks to God who gave you life from the day you were born till the very year you are in is important.
Praying first thing once you turn plus one is like an open cheque given to you by God to ask anything you want in the new year. So,I recommend praying first thing the clock strikes 12 AM on your birthday.
6. Birthdays should not just be about receiving but giving as well – Yeah,birthdays should not just be about you receiving and receiving and receiving. You can give something too. You could do a birthday giveaway on your social media pages or decide to go visit an orphanage or home for the elderly.
For the online giveaway,I recommend you go for something you can afford. Don’t promise what you will not fulfill. I don’t want anybody calling you out on social media for being a promise and fail somebori 😂. Ideas of things you can give out include: airtime recharge cards,a movie date with the winner,notepads,dresses,a box of cupcakes,cash etc.
7. Follow your heart – Celebrate your birthday the way your heart bids you. Don’t copy what someone else is doing. Don’t do a photo shoot because everyone else is doing it. A remarkable birthday celebration is the kind in which you are genuinely happy and at peace with yourself and your choices.
Yaaay!💃💃 You made it to the end of the post. I hope you find these tips helpful and applicable to your birthday celebration in 2020.
What are your thoughts on this? Feel free to add any tip you know in the comments section. I would really love to read your comment and learn from you as well. If you found this post helpful,please share with your friends.
Thanks for reading! You are loved! ❤