Before now,I had only read about vision board hangouts on google. I knew what it was and what an important new year tradition it is but I had never attended a vision board hangout in Port-Harcourt.
If you’ve been following me on social media,you’d noticed how much I’ve talked about living life fearlessly like the word ‘failure’ doesn’t exist. This hang out is an aftermath of that quote.
I created & posted the flier in spite of the fear I felt & I’m super excited & grateful to God it turned out well.
WHAT IS A VISION BOARD?
A vision board is a pictorial representation of your goals. It contains pictures of everything you hope to achieve within a given period of time. This could be your short-term or long term goals.
You’ve written your 2020 goals,why should you bother creating a vision board or attending a vision board hang-out?
1) You may forget the goals written down in your notepad or diary but it’s hard to forget the pictures you place on your vision board. The reason is, the vision board is usually placed where you can see it everyday.
The more you see your vision board,the more it propels your mind & body to work towards your goals.
2) Vision board hangouts are great places to get accountability partners. Your partner’s job is to make sure you are committed & dedicated to your goals.
3) It’s an opportunity to your experiences & solutions with others.
A vision board hangout is also a place where you talk about your aspirations and limitations. Being open about your challenges will help you find solutions to it.
TIPS TO CREATE A VISION BOARD HANG OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS
1) Create an invitation : I used the Canva app to make a digital invitation card with details about how my friends could sign up for the vision board hang out.
Doing this helps you know who is interested in the hang out & will help you make provision for them.
2) Locate a venue: One of the challenges I encountered for the vision board hangout in Port-Harcourt was getting a suitable venue.
Port Harcourt has tons of amazing venues that suitable for small & big gatherings but I wanted somewhere affordable and easily accessible for the attendees.
I chose Port Harcourt Pleasure Park but I couldn’t really find a quiet place in the park so,we ended up using the restaurant.
Depending on your relationship with your guests,you caN use your house as the venue for the hangout to save costs.
3) Gather stationeries for the hangout : The stationeries you will need to create the vision board are:
You can ask your guests to come with magazines or pictures they will like to use or search the internet for pictures and print them out.
4)Create a programme : The programme should contain all the activities you intend to do at the hangout. These include opening prayer,introduction,games,Q and As, selfie time etc.
5) Make provision for refreshments: This part is very important because after thinking and creating your attendees would be very hungry so make provision for food, snacks or drinks. I can’t even concentrate when I’m hungry so you already know I’m particular about this part,lol!
I hope you will make use of these tips to organize a hangout with your friends? Friendship is sweeter when you all are working collectively towards the achievement of your goals, that way no one gets left behind.
Have you made a vision board before? Do let me know if you would like to attend subsequent events I organize in future.