Happy new month fam! We made it to the 5th month of the year 2020!
My natural hair recently turned 2 years after doing the big chop in 2018. From April/2018 till date, it’s been a roller coaster ride filled with product piling & product trials.
I’ve bought & dumped so many products before settling for these ones I have written about in this post.
My hair is 4c,black,low porosity,Nigerian hair & these are the products I’ve used & highly recommend.
N.B : I’m not a natural hair expert, I’m just sharing products that have worked for me.
5 NATURAL HAIR PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND FOR NIGERIAN HAIR:
1. Dudu osun black soap: This product is popularly used as a bathing soap in Nigeria. Very few know it can be used as a shampoo for natural hair.
I dilute it with warm water,honey and vit E capsules & store it in a container. It lathers really well and can last as long as 4-6 months depending on how you use it.
2. Damatol hair cream: 🥺😢Please, don’t judge me! While looking for a dandruff cure,I tried everything I could lay my hands on. Some worked for a while, others made the condition worse.
You won’t believe how shocked I was when I discovered that the product I’ve overlooked for years is the cure to the dandruff problem I’ve struggled with.
P.S : This product contains petroleum jelly & sulfates. Products containing these ingredients are discouraged in the natural hair community. However, this product took away dandruff,itching & flakiness from my hair. I highly recommend it for anyone struggling with dandruff & itchy scalp.
3. Rose water: Asides from being a face toner, rose water can be used on the hair. It moisturizes the hair & deals with the smell that comes as a result of underlying hair issues like dandruff.
I use this alone or mix it with water in my spray bottle & spray it on my hair while doing the LOC method. It leaves my hair moisturized & gives it a sweet scent.
4. Cantu leave-in-conditioner: This product is pivotal to my hair length. It’s soft, creamy & smells absolutely sweet.
I owe the longevity of my natural hair journey to this product lol. It leaves my hair soft, manageable and my hairstylist is able to plait my hair without ouches & complains from my end.
5. Chebe hair butter: You must have heard of this product, let this post be the affirmation you need about Chebe hair butter!
This is one of the impulse purchases I don’t regret till date.
As long as you keep it away from your scalp, this product will increase hair length & reduce breakage. The curry smell it has can be handled by using a sweet smelling leave-in-conditioning cream afterwards.
Is your hair natural? How is old is it & what products do you use on it?
Let’s have a conversation in the comments below!
You are loved! ❤️